A welcoming message,
The Summer School in Pharmaceutical Analysis (SSPA) is organized by the Intradivisional group of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Italian Chemical Society (SCI) and sponsored by the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC).
SSPA is mainly addressed to researchers and PhD students focusing on the different aspects of analysis in drug discovery and development and in drug manufacturing. The course is open to a maximum of 80 students and is held in English.
SSPA 2015 will focus on “Advanced Analytical Methodologies for medicinal plant characterization”. SSPA2015 will start with a regulatory session, followed by four main sessions concerning:
- analytical methods in medicinal plant characterization/standardization,
- the role of analysis in the ethnopharmacological approach,
- analytical methods in the discovery of bioactive plant components,
- “omics” techniques in plant analysis.
There will also be a special session dedicated to case reports discussed by R&D managers of companies operating in the field of natural products.
The 2015 Edition of SSPA is also sponsored by The Italian Society of Phytochemistry.
SSPA2015 participants can choose between two registration packages: an all inclusive registration or a basic registration, this latter not including accommodation.
I hope you find this program of interest and we welcome to the School, scientists and PhD students .
Chair of SSPA
Department of Phamaceutical Sciences
Università degli Studi di Milano
School program and details will be published soon
- Giovanni Appendino, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara, Italy;
- Rudolf Bauer, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department Pharmacognosy, Karl-Franzens University Graz, Austria;
- Carlo Bicchi, Dipartimento di Scienza e Tecnologia del Farmaco, University of Turin, Turin, Italy;
- Michela Burico, Aboca S.p.A., Sansepolcro (AR), Italy;
- Anna Rita Bilia, Dipartimento di Chimica ‘Ugo Schiff’, University of Florence, Italy;
- Gloria Brusotti, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Università di Pavia, Pavia, Italy;
- Young Hae Choi, Natural Products Laboratory, Leiden University, The Netherlands;
- Angela Mari, Department of Pharmacy, Università degli Studi di Salerno, Salerno, Italy;
- Rod Mcilwrick, Merck KGaA, Frankfurte, Germany;
- Paola Minghetti, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy;
- Piero Traldi, IENI CNR, Padova, Italy;
- Jean-Luc Wolfender, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Lausanne, Geneva, Switzerland;