Research fellow at ISTM-CNR September 1st 2014 – August 31st 2015
Employment and Education
2012-2013 IMRCP-CNRS Toulouse (France)
Photopolymerization in dispersed systems
Supervisor: Dr. Esther Oliveros
PhD in Chemical Sciences
2008 – 2012 University of Perugia (Italy)
Thesis title: ‘Sonophotocatalytic hydrogen production from water and up-conversion of incoherent electromagnetic radiation’
Advisors: Dr. Fausto Ortica, Dr. Pier Luigi Gentili
Master degree in Chemical Sciences
2006 – 2008 University of Perugia (Italy)
Thesis title: ‘Synthesis and characterization of gallium, indium and lanthanum based catalysts for water photolysis’
Advisors: Prof. Fausto Elisei, Dr. Fausto Ortica
Final mark: 110/110 cum laude
Degree in Chemistry
2003 – 2006 University of Perugia (Italy)
Thesis title: ‘Structural effects on photochromic behaviour of benzopyrans’
Advisors: Prof. Gianna Favaro, Dr. Fausto Ortica
Final mark: 110/110 cum laude
Field of interest and Expertise
– Heterogeneous photocatalysis for water splitting: synthesis, structural and optical characterization and photocatalytic activity of semiconductor photocatalysts
– Triplet-triplet annihilation based up-conversion
– Photopolymerization in dispersed media: optical properties of monomer miniemulsions, chemical actinometry in monomer miniemulsions
– Investigation of photochemical and photophysical processes by stationary and time-resolved UV-vis spectroscopy
- E. Lobry, F. Jasinski, M. Penconi, A. Chemtob, C. Croutxe-Barghorn, E. Oliveros, A. Braun, A. Criqui, Synthesis of acrylic latex via microflow miniemulsion photopolymerization using fluorescent and LED UV lamps, Green Proc. Synth., (2014) DOI: 10.1515/gps-2014-0051.
- E. Lobry, F. Jasinski, M. Penconi, A. Chemtob, C. Croutxe-Barghorn, E. Oliveros, A. Braun, A. Criqui, Continuous-flow synthesis of polymer nanoparticles in a microreactor via miniemulsion photopolymerization, RCS Adv., 4 (2014) 43756-43759.
- E. Lobry, F. Jasinski, M. Penconi, A. Chemtob, C. Croutxe-Barghorn, E. Oliveros, A. Braun, A. Criqui, Absorption and scattering in concentrated monomer miniemulsions : static and dynamic investigations, Macromol. Chem. Phys., 215 (2014) 1201-1211.
- M.Penconi, P.L. Gentili, G. Massaro, F. Elisei, F. Ortica, A triplet-triplet annihilation based up-conversion process investigated in homogeneous solutions and oil-in-water microemulsions of a surfactant, Photochem. Photobiol. Sci., 13 (2014) 48-61.
- M.Penconi, F. Ortica, F. Elisei, P.L. Gentili, New molecular Pairs for Low Power Non-Coherent Triplet-Triplet Annihilation Based Upconversion: Dependence on the Triplet Energies of Sensitizer and Emitter. J. Lumin., 135 (2013) 265-270.
- P.L.Gentili, F.Rossi, M.Penconi, F.Ortica, F.Elisei, Hydrogen production through sono-photolysis of water in the presence of solid solutions of metal oxides as photocatalysts, Expert Commentary in “Hydrogen Production: Prospects and Processes”, Editors D.R. Honnery and P. Moriarty, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. 2011, Ch.14, pp. 413-422.
- P.L.Gentili, M.Penconi, F.Costantino, P.Sassi, F.Ortica, F.Rossi, F.Elisei, Structural and photophysical characterization of some La2xGa2yIn2zO3 solid solutions, to be used as photocatalysts for H2 production from water/ethanol solutions, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells, 94 (2010) 2265-2274.
- P.L.Gentili, M.Penconi, F.Ortica, F.Cotana, F.Rossi, F.Elisei, Synergistic effects in hydrogen production through water sonophotolysis catalyzed by new La2xGa2yIn2(1-x-y)O3 solid solutions, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 34 (2009) 9042-9049.