Assistant professor at DC UNIMI
1999 University of Milan, Italy Hoffmann-La Roche – Pharma Research Pharmacokinetic Nervous System-Chemistry department (Basel, Switzerland): Chemistry degree and Scholarship grant, Chemical Sciences;
2000-2001 Federchimica, Italy: Scholarship grant, Chemical Sciences;
2002-2005 University of Milan, Italy: PhD;
2006 CIMAINA (Centro Interdisciplinare MAteriali e Interfacce NAnostrutturati), University of Milan, Italy: Post-doc fellowship grant, Chemical Science and Nanomaterial synthesis
Since 2006 she is a full time Researcher at the Faculty of Pharmacy of University of Milan, where she has been in charge of teachings of Analytical Chemistry, General and Inorganic Chemistry and Nanotechnologies and their Application in Life Sciences for the degree courses in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and in Biotechnologies. Since 2012 she is part of the new Department of Chemistry of University degli Studi di Milano. Her research interests have been focused on metallorganic chemistry, and in particular on the study, by NMR methods, of the reactivity of perfluoroaryl boranes, metallocenes and hydrido complexes, and on the characterization of conformational equilibria, solution aggregations and dynamic processes involving these species. Magnetic resonance experiments have also been used to get insights into the interaction between ligands and proteins and between metallorganic fragments and synthetic macromolecules. Her present field of research is focused on addressed preparation and uses of inorganic oxides and hybrid organic-inorganic nanoparticles for biomedical applications. These last topics have been the subject of several graduate theses for students in chemical and pharmaceutical sciences.
She is co-author of 26 papers in international journals (h index 10) and the selected peer-reviewed publications are:
1) “Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles stabilized by a poly(amidoamine)-rhenium complex as potential theranostic probe” Maggioni D., Arosio P., Orsini F., Ferretti A. M., Orlando T., Manfredi A., Ranucci E., Ferruti P., D’Alfonso G., Lascialfari A. Dalton Trans. 43 (2014) 1172.
2) “Rhenium-Silver Bicyclic “Spiro” Hydrido-Carbonyl Clusters: NMR Investigation of Their Formation and Reversible Fragmentation.” Donghi D., Maggioni D., D’Alfonso G., Beringhelli T. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 751 (2014) 462.
3) “A Molecular Thermometer for Nanoparticles for Optical Hyperthermia” Freddi S., Sironi L., D’Antuono R., Morone D., Dona A.̀, Cabrini E., D’Alfonso L., Collini M., Pallavicini P., Baldi G., Maggioni D., Chirico G. Nano Lett. 13 (2013) 2004.
4) “Luminescent Rhenium and Ruthenium Complexes of an Amphoteric Poly(amidoamine) Functionalized with 1,10-Phenantholine” Maggioni D., Fenili F., D’Alfonso L., Donghi D., Panigati M., Zanoni I., Marzi R., Manfredi A., Ferruti P., D’Alfonso G., Ranucci E., Inorg. Chem. 51 (2012) 12776.
5) “In vivo imaging of glia activation using 1H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy to detect putative biomarkers of tissue epileptogenicity” Filibian M., Frasca A., Maggioni D., Micotti E., Vezzani A., Ravizza T., Epilepsia 53 (2012) 1907.
6) “Electrochemical, Computational and Photophysical Characterization of New Luminescent Dirhenium-Pyridazine Complexes Containing Bridging OR or SR Anions” Raimondi A., Panigati M., Maggioni D., D’Alfonso L., Mercandelli P., Mussini P., D’Alfonso G. Inorg. Chem. 51 (2012) 2966.
7) “Dynamic processes in hydrido-carbonyl trirhenium clusters containing bridging nitrogen heterocyclic ligands: a NMR investigation” Maggioni D., Panigati M., Beringhelli T., D’Alfonso G. J. Organomet. Chem. 696 (2011) 3792.
8) “Bovine -lactoglobulin acts as an acid-resistant drug carrier by exploiting its diverse binding regions” Barbiroli A., Beringhelli T., Bonomi F., Donghi D., Ferranti P., Galliano M., Iametti S. Maggioni D., Rasmussen P, Scanu S, Vilardo MC. Biol. Chem. 391 (2010) 21.
9) “Tricarbonyl-Rhenium Complexes of a Thiol-Functionalized Amphoteric Poly(amidoamine)” Donghi D., Maggioni D., D’Alfonso G., Amigoni F., Ranucci E., Ferruti P., Manfredi A., Fenili F., Bisazza A., Cavalli R. Biomacromolecules 10 (2009) 3273.
10) “Solution structure, dynamics and speciation of perfluoroaryl boranes through 1H, 11B and 19F NMR spectroscopy” Beringhelli T., Donghi D., Maggioni D., D’Alfonso G. Coord. Chem. Rev. 252 (2008) 2292.