Research Scientist at CNR-ISTM
Expertise: Single-crystal X-ray diffraction, theoretical modelling
Alessandra Forni obtained her Laurea in Chemistry (1990) and her Ph.D. (1993) at the University of Milan. In 1997 she joined the CNR-ISTM as a researcher. She is author/coauthor of about 80 publications in high quality international journals (h-index ISI-WoS 2014: 22) and 3 national patents. She has been Unit Coordinator of a CNR-Agenzia2000 project (2001), PI of a bilateral project with the Academy of Sciences of Moldova (2013) and Coordinator of national High Performance Computing projects and of projects for the allocation of beamtime at the XRD Lines of the synchrotrons of Grenoble and Trieste. She has been member of national and regional research projects (2 FIRB 2001, CARIPLO 2006, PRIN 2007 and PRIN 2010-2011). She acted as referee for international journals such as Angew Chem, Nat Comm, Phys Rev, Chem Eur J and others.
1. C. Botta, E. Cariati, G. Cavallo, V. Dichiarante, A. Forni, P. Metrangolo, T. Pilati, G. Resnati, S. Righetto, G. Terraneo, E. Tordin, Fluorine-induced J-aggregation enhances emissive properties of a new NLO push-pull chromophore, J. Mater. Chem. C 2 (2014) 5275.
2. M. Caricato, C. Coluccini, D. V. Griend, A. Forni, D. Pasini, From Red to Blue Shift: Switching the Binding Affinity from the Acceptor to the Donor End by Increasing the p-Bridge in Push-Pull Chromophores with Coordinative Ends, New J. Chem. 37 (2013) 2792.
3. C. Coluccini, A. K. Sharma, M. Caricato, A. Sironi, E. Cariati, S. Righetto, E. Tordin, C. Botta, A. Forni, D. Pasini, Switching of emissive and NLO properties in push–pull chromophores with crescent PPV-like structures, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 15 (2013) 1666.
4. A. Priimagi, G. Cavallo, A. Forni, M. Gorynsztejn–Leben, M. Kaivola, P. Metrangolo, R. Milani, A. Shishido, T. Pilati, G. Resnati, G. Terraneo, Halogen bonding versus hydrogen bonding in driving self-assembly and performance of light-responsive supramolecular polymers, Advanced Functional Materials 22 (2012) 2572.
5. E. Cariati, G. Cavallo, A. Forni, G. Leem, P. Metrangolo, T. Pilati, G. Resnati, S. Righetto, G. Terraneo, E. Tordin, Self-complementary NLO-phores targeted to halogen bond-driven self-assembly of electro-optic materials, Cryst. Growth Des. 11 (2011) 5642.
6. E. Cariati, A. Forni, S. Biella, P. Metrangolo, F. Meyer, G. Resnati,S. Righetto, E. Tordin, R. Ugo, Tuning Second-Order NLO Responses through Halogen Bonding, Chem. Comm. (2007) 2590.
7. J. Gradinaru, A. Forni, V. Druta, F. Tessore, S. Zecchin, S. Quici, N. Garbalau, Structural, spectral, Electric-Field-Induced Second Harmonic, and theoretical study of Ni(II), Cu(II), Zn(II) and VO(II) complexes with [N2O2] unsymmetrical Schiff bases of S-methylisothiosemicarbazide derivatives, Inorg. Chem. 46 (2007) 884.
8. L. Rigamonti, F. Demartin, A. Forni, S. Righetto, A. Pasini, Copper(II) Complexes of salen Analogues with two Differently Substituted (Push-Pull) Salicylaldehyde Moieties. A study on the Modulation of Electronic Asymmetry and NLO Properties, Inorg. Chem. 45 (2006) 10976.