Senior Research Scientist at ISTM CNR
Expertise: Current interest: Organic and heterocyclic chemistry,design and synthesis of molecules for photovoltaic cells. Other research experiences: Organometallic and stereoselective synthesis; solid phase chemistry, bioorganometallic chemistry: metal complex conjugates of DNA mimics as biosensors.
Laurea in Chemistry at Milan University in 1980. From 1980 to 1986 she was awarded fellowships by Milan University and chemical industries for the synthesis of pharmaceutical and chemical products. In 1986 she got a permanent position as researcher at CNR. In 1989 she spent some months at Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris working on a bioorganometallic chemistry project, under the supervision of Prof. Gérard Jaouen. She participated in several international and national Research Projects and was involved as co-supervisor of research fellowships funded by Glaxo-Wellcome, Bracco Imaging and ENI. For several years she has been Contract Professor within Organic Chemistry Course for Industrial Chemistry Laurea at Milan University. She also co-supervised about 50 theses of Laurea and 6 PhD theses.
Since 1986 she has actively been collaborating with research groups at Chemistry Department of Milan University. Currently she is the responsible of the ISTM Milan Working Unit, within the CNR Research Project “Design, synthesis and tests of molecules and materials for photosensitized solar cells” of the Material Science and Technology Department of CNR. This project focuses on the synthesis and characterization of thiophene based molecules with targeted opto-electronic properties. Her research activity is documented by more than 85 publications, 7 patents as well as a number of invited oral and poster communications to international and national chemistry conferences.
1. A. Bolzoni, L. Viglianti, A. Bossi, S. Cauteruccio, P. R. Mussini, C. Baldoli, E. Licandro, Synthesis, Photophysics and Electrochemistry of Tetra(2-thienyl)ethylene (TTE) Derivatives, Eur. J. Org. Chem. (2013) DOI: 0.1002/ejoc.201300745.
2. E. Longhi, A. Bossi, G. Dicarlo, S. Maiorana, F. De Angelis, P. Salvadori, A. Petrozza, M. Binda, V. Roiati, P. R. Mussini, C. Baldoli, E. Licandro, Metal-Free Benzodithiophene-Containing Organic Dyes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Eur. J. Org. Chem. (2013) 84-94.
3. P. Biagini, F. Melchiorre, S. Maiorana, C. Baldoli, Photoluminescent compound or mixture of photoluminescent compounds PCT Int. Appl. (2013), WO 2013060702 A1 20130502.
4. C. Baldoli, E. Longhi, E. Licandro, S. Maiorana, Benzodithiophene-based organic photosensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells, Chimica e l’Industria 94 (2012) 116-121.
5. S. Maiorana, E. Licandro, E. Longhi, S. Cauteruccio, A. Abbotto, C. Baldoli, F. De Angelis, Filippo Metal-free benzodithiophene-based photosensitizers for manufacturing solar cells From PCT Int. Appl. (2012), WO 2012107488 A2 20120816.
6. C. Mari, M. Panigati, L. D’Alfonso,I. Zanoni, D. Donghi, L. Sironi, M. Collini, S. Maiorana, C. Baldoli,G. D’Alfonso, E. Licandro, Luminescent Conjugates between Dinuclear Rhenium Complexes and Peptide Nucleic Acids (PNA): Synthesis, Photophysical Characterization, and Cell Uptake, Organometallics 31 (2012) 5918–5928.
7. C. Zanardi, C. Baldoli, E. Licandro, F. Terzi, R. Seeber, Development of a gold-nanostructured surface for amperometric genosensors. J. Nanop. Res. 14 (2012) 1148/1-1148/12.
8. C. Baldoli, C. Oldani, E. Licandro, P. Ramani, A. Valerio, P. Ferruti, L. Falciola, P. Mussini. Ferrocene derivatives supported on poly(N-vinylpyrrolidin-2-one) (PVP): Synthesis of new water-soluble electrochemically active probes for biomolecules. J. Organomet. Chem. 692 (2007) 1363-1371.
9. E. Licandro, C. Rigamonti, M.T. Ticozzelli, M. Monteforte, C. Baldoli, C. Giannini, S.Maiorana, Synthesis and functionalization of novel tetrathiahelicenes as new push-pull systems, Synthesis 21 (2006) 3670-3678.
10. C. Baldoli, C. Rigamonti, S. Maiorana, E. Licandro, L. Falciola, P. Mussini, A new triferrocenyl-tris(hydroxymethyl) aminomethane derivative as a highly sensitive electrochemical marker of biomolecules: application to the labelling of PNA monomers and their electrochemical characterization, Chemistry – A European Journal 12 (2006) 4091-4100.