Calcif will organize Italian language and culture courses for Chinese students in the Marco Polo and Turandot programs for the 2016/2017 academic year.
What the Marco Polo program is
The goal of the Marco Polo project is to encourage the enrollment of Chinese students in Italian universities. The program organizes Italian language and culture courses, lasting ten months for Chinese language speakers who want to enroll in an undergraduate or master’s degree program at the University. Students enrolled in the Marco Polo program can obtain a visa without knowing the Italian language.
The courses are based on the Common European and the Council of Europe Framework and conclude with a final exam and a certificate.
Our Italian language and culture courses:
The 10-months course starting November 2, 2016 and ends August 4, 2017.
The registration fee is € 4100.00 and includes lectures, course materials and accident insurance.
At the beginning of the course there are three days for orientation in Milan and at the university. The course includes 20 hours of lessons per week from Monday to Friday. Course attendance is compulsory for obtaining the certificate. There are 5 hours a week of tutoring and linguistic and cultural support by Chinese language mediators.
At the end of the course, students can take the exam to get CELI certification from the Università per Stranieri in Perugia (level B1 / B2) at a special discounted price. The examination takes place at the Università degli Studi di Milano.
It is possible to find affordable and reliable accommodation through’Campus Lombardy’, the new web portal for easy access to information and integrated services offered by Universities in Lombardy: www.campus.regione.lombardia.it.
- Data sheet with information about courses for the 2016/2017 academic year – ITALIAN
- Data sheet with information about the courses for the 2016/2017 academic year – CHINESE
- Registration form for the 2016/2017 Italian course – Marco Polo Project
- Visit the website of the Ministero dell’Istruzione dell’Università e della Ricerca (MIUR) where all procedures for pre-enrollment, admission and requirements to participate in the program are published.
- See the list of available places for the 2017-2018 academic year and verify the courses. Pre-registration can be done for a single course. The list of courses available with the number of reserved places is posted on the MIUR website at: http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/.
- The pre-enrollment application and request for an Italian student must be made at an Italian Embassy or Consulate in China. For the 2017/2018 academic year, the deadline for the pre-enrollment application is August 26, 2016 for the 10-month Italian Language and Culture course at the Università degli Studi di Milano. It is necessary to choose both the university course and the Italian language and culture course to attend in Italy.